Thursday, October 05, 2006

Hong Kong Island - Causeway Bay and Victoria's Peak

When I was trying to decide whether I was going to Hong Kong or not for my exchange year, my International Contracts professor told me " You'll see, New York is just a farm compared to Hong Kong". And THAT just completely thrilled me. I have never been to New York or the USA actually but, I was going to see something even more big and crowded and alive than what I'd knew from New York that I'd seen on TV.

On Hong Kong Island, you'll see the major buildings in Central, Admiralty, Wanchai, Causeway Bay. It's always overcrowded and Hong Kong sure is a busy place. Buildings are amazing, And even though this place is amazingly urban, it is always very cleaned - also there is a lot of pollution, I breathe and I've smoked a pack of cigarettes already - they also construct new buildings, new roads, new whatever, as long as it keeps people busy.

Here is what you can almost see everywhere in HK:

Victoria's Peak is a place to go. That's where you can see Kowloon from a hilltop across the harbor. The view, at the right spot, is breathtaking and looks just like what you see on postcards. It's right in the middle of Central but it is just so quiet.... so enjoyable... Go there by tram, it's great...

My boyfriend and I went there and we walked down and were amazed by the calm and so many people walking there with their dogs... Peaceful place in stressful Hong Kong City...








No comments: